COMMUNITY LIVING SKILLS
Community Learning Skills/Behavior and Learning Assistance programming supports students with moderate cognitive disabilities, significant developmental delays and behavior difficulties. The CLS/BLA program is designed to develop functional life skills in a community based setting. We provide a safe, caring and structured environment where students can improve their communication skills and social behavior, increase self-esteem, develop age appropriate behaviors, and maximize their potential as they prepare to transition to adulthood.
This program focuses on several key areas:
- Development of reading, writing, listening and math skills
- Daily living skills and social skills
- Community awareness and safety
- Recreation and leisure skills
- Improved ability to manage aggression or problematic behavior