Recognizing Outstanding Service to Strathcona (Female)
The Griesdorf Cup was presented to Strathcona in 1949 by Mr. Abe Miller on behalf of his brother, David Griesdorf. David Griesdorf was remembered for his respect for education. The purpose of this trophy is to recognize outstanding citizens of Strathcona School who have rendered exceptional service and leadership to the school through their participation in extra-curricular activities. Value: $500.00
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
• The candidate must demonstrate a conscientious and diligent attitude to her school work.
• The candidate must be a student whose marks are commensurate with her ability.
• The candidate shall have actively participated in extra-curricular activities throughout her high school career.
• The candidate shall be in grade twelve and have been an outstanding contributor to extra-curricular activities for two years.
• The candidate shall have rendered instrumental service to students in the organization and administration of extra-curricular activities at Strathcona.
3. Superior Service
• The candidate shall be one who, through extra-curricular activities, has shown initiative while securing the co-operation and enthusiasm of others.
• The candidate’s contributions shall be specifically judged on organization, productive delegation of responsibilities, and worthwhile contributions to the school community.
4. Personal Qualities
• The candidate has demonstrated admirable personal qualities throughout her high school career. Her strong character is an example to other Strathcona students.